Well, I'm happy to report my ankle is much better, I guess nursing it was the right thing to do. So...while I rested, I finished a couple of knitting projects.
The Autumn Cable Mitts (pattern available for purchase at Ravelry)were finished. I really like them! I had no trouble with the pattern. My husband calls them the Victorian pauper look gloves, men...
I also finished this top that has been in a bag needing finishing for a couple of years now. The reason for my neglect is that from the start the way the decreases were done was not turning out smooth, and even though I try different things I couldn't fix it. After sewing the shoulder bands you can see that gathers are even more pronounced. I decided that to get it out of the unfinished pile I would call these gathers a "design element" and just wear it. This design is from Burda WOF 2005 and I loved it as soon as I saw it, but the knitting directions are not any better than the sewing ones.
When I got tired of knitting I gave myself a manicure, isn't this color fun for summer is OPI's Cajun Shrimp.
I'm off to cut my Burda dress (2-2009 124). I have to use a different fabric as the Michael's fabric wasn't enough yardage ( I have learned since then to be more generous when ordering ), instead I'm using an embroidered cotton from Metro Textiles.